Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Me and teaching World

My teaching world which guided with the principle that Teacher as a role model who can institute change and bring an authentic learning experience into the new frontiers in teaching.



5 major questions which I encountered during my HCT interview which I think summarizes my teaching roles and guiding principle as a math teacher.



1. Describe what major contribution you feel you could make to Higher Education in the United Arab Emirates.
A. For a teacher like me who loves to teach mathematics and be part in one of the largest, most progressive and innovative places of higher learning in the UAE would be a dream come true. My dream is basically about on how to arouse my student’s interest in mathematics and to help them master the basic foundation of all mathematical concept. Help maintain the highest quality in the math department and enhance students learning by new skills and techniques. The mastery of my subject areas will be of great help to become one of the dedicated professionals not only to teach but also to support and encourage students to reach as high a standard as possible so that students may develop the skills and attributes they need to succeed in their chosen occupational sectors and jobs. Lastly, be a part of AUE history in building a workforce with young Emirate who is capable of operating effectively in today's global business environment.

2. What is your greatest achievement to date and why do you regard it as such?
A. For the past 13 years, I realized that being a qualified teacher is not enough but the passion to teach "math" matters most. I am proud to note the following achievement: Establishment of the CLRC (Classroom Resource Learning Center) which generated almost ½ of school income for Remedial and advanced math learning; Developed and enriched the Math Curriculum thus put me as a faculty Awardee of the year ; Excellent ratings & high recommendation from my UAE students once again proved the awards that I garnered in the Philippines moved me to strive more to empart the skills & abilities especially if given a chance to be part in reaching the HCT goals.

3. Describe yourself in the words of an imaginary, fair and impartial critic.
A. A dynamic, self motivated and goal oriented person. I've got extensive experience in field of mathematics for the past 13 years in the Philippines and UAE and have the specific skills you are looking for. I'm a fast learner who adapts quickly to change and will hit the ground running. I'm dedicated and enthusiastic about helping your school to meet its goals, and will provide top-quality results with minimal oversite. I'm an outstanding performer who takes pride in my work.

4. Why are you interested in a position with the Higher Colleges of Technology? (If you are an overseas applicant, why are you considering a career move to the Middle East, and to the United Arab Emirates in particular?)
A. HCT is the right place for me being as one of the largest, most progressive and innovative places of higher learning in the UAE. I have always wanted this opportunity to work with an environment that will help expands my knowledge that provides a vital public service, leads industry to innovative and mold students to be prepared and equipped in the globalised workplace in the future.

5. What are your hobbies and interests?
A. love reading especially books related to success in life, solving complicated problems, I love teaching the slowest student in class in fact it’s one my greatest challenge to let them understand the hardest lesson, I like activities which requires organizational skills, prioritization and time management. It is my passion to teach students not only to learn math but to LOVE math to its truest sense.

1 comment: